Quick background


I was born in Barcelona (Spain) but grew up in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire). I went to college at the University of Perpignan (France) to study Biology. My Masters' research took me to Costa Rica where I studied the energetics of olive ridley sea turtle hatchlings under the supervision of Prof. Frank Paladino (Purdue University). After a year and a half of sea turtle conservation work with the North Carolina Wildlife Commission, I moved to Philadelphia to complete my Ph.D. with Prof. James Spotila (Drexel University). The research focused on the thermal ecology of cordylid lizards in the south western cape of South Africa. Subsequently, my post-doctoral research with Prof. Steven L. Chown at the Centre for Invasion Biology, involved a variety of invertebrate physiology projects and I have been appointed as a core-team member of the Centre since 2009. I am currently an Associate Professor in the Dept. of Botany and Zoology, Stellenbosch University, South Africa.

Courses in which I am involved: BDE212 Statistics and other tools; BDE224 Diversity and Function of Invertebrates.